Treatment, Procedure, Cost And Side Effects
What is Heart Disease?
Heart disease refers to any disorder of the heart. Heart disease includes blood vessel diseases, such as coronary artery disease, heart rhythm problems such as arrhythmias and heart defects you’re born with, among others.
Heart disease s may be caused by various factors ranging from an unhealthy diet plan to congenital heart defects. Many forms of heart disease can be prevented or treated by adopting some of the healthy lifestyle choices.
What are 4 types of heart diseases?
Heart is one of the body’s most important organs of the human body. Heart diseases are one of the leading cause of death all across the world. There are mainly four types of heart diseases which are most common around the world.
Coronary heart disease
Coronary heart disease are caused by growing plaque in the walls of the coronary arteries which, subsequently, limits the blood flow to the heart’s muscle. It can ultimately become the reason of a heart attack.
Arrhythmias can cause the heart to beat too quickly, too slowly or irregularly, that may result in a broad range of heart disease symptoms.
Heart valve disease
Heart valve disease may occur when one or more of your four heart valves doesn’t work properly. The causes of heart valve disease can cause stenosis, regurgitation and atresia.
Generally, in the Heart Failure, the heart’s pumping capacity is not adequate to meet the demands for blood and oxygen required by the rest of the body. This may result in situations which may lead to weakening of the heart muscle.
How long can you live with heart disease?
When it comes to heart disease, life expectancy rates vary in various diseases that come under the umbrella of Heart Disease. Life expectancy depends upon the condition of disease you’re suffering through. For example in a congestive heart failure, a doctor will probably tell you that there is no one answer. While going by the recent advancements, 50% of patients will have an average life expectancy of five years. Case studies have shown that those with advanced heart failure, up to 90% will pass away within one year.
Can the heart repair itself?
As of now, there was a mistaken belief that the human heart doesn’t have this capacity to heal itself. But some of the recent exciting research have shown that the heart does, indeed, have some ability to make new muscle and possibly repair itself. Though it can’t fix the kind of damage caused by a heart attack as the rate of regeneration is so slow. Walking and several other physical exercise after a heart attack strengthens the remaining heart muscle.
How can I make my heart stronger?
A healthy lifestyle can improve heart function, making it strong and less susceptible to disease. Here goes a few tips to make your heart stronger to keep it healthy and efficient, dramatically improving your quality of life:
- Exercise regularly: In order to improve overall cardiovascular health, experts have suggested an at least 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise or 75 minutes per week of vigorous exercise or a combination of both.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Research have established that adopting a heart-healthy diet can actually strengthen your heart muscle. A heart-healthy diet includes a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, skinless poultry and fish and low-fat dairy products.
- Manage stress: Stress and anxiety can cause anything from high blood pressure to asthma to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
What foods are bad for your heart?
In order to keep your heart and cardiovascular system healthy, keep these meals and snack items away from your regular diet.
- Cookies and pastries
- Sugary cereals
- Soft drinks and sugar-sweetened juices
- Meat-lovers pizza
- Diet soda
- Deep-fried foods
- Processed and cured meats
- Fast-food burgers
What is the best exercise for the heart?
Though, there are several exercises that a heart patient can do to keep his/her heart in healthy condition. Here goes some simple and common exercises that one can adopt in his daily routine.
- Circuit training: Circuit training is one of the best types of exercises that helps to increase your cardiovascular fitness. When you work out at a very high intensity the blood starts to pump a lot harder and that challenges the elasticity of the arterial wall.
- Swimming: Swimming is something which everyone would love to. It is one of the most enjoyable exercise one can adopt in his daily lifestyle especially after knowing that it helps in keeping heart in healthy condition.
- Running: Running intervals will surely push your cardiovascular fitness to the next level.
- Yoga: Yoga is an excellent way to strengthen your heart and tone your muscles.
- Cycling: Studies have found that regular cycling can, indeed, reduce your risk for coronary heart diseases.